Five reasons why I don’t celebrate Christmas
I stopped celebrating Christmas nine years ago. What is so awesome about coming out of the bondage of celebrating Christmas is that you then discover the appointed times that are commanded by our Heavenly Father Yahweh. Please research the origins of Christmas starting with a few things I have listed below, then pray to Yah and ask Him what is pleasing before His face.
Here are five reasons why I don’t celebrate Christmas:
1) It breaks four commandments: worshiping elohim’s other than Yahweh, idolatry, lying, and coveting. (Commandments 1, 2, 9, 10)
2) Christmas is not mentioned in the scriptures. (The birth of the Messiah is mentioned, but nowhere is it commanded to celebrate a birthday. The magi brought gifts to a King)
3) It is a recycled pagan celebration (Saturnalia)
4) I don’t believe that it is pleasing to Yahweh (Jeremiah 10:1-5)
5) Yahshua was not born on December 25. (Refer to the book “The Star That Astonished the World” by Ernest L. Martin).
In Leviticus chapter 23, Yahweh tells us how and when to worship Him.
These are the set feasts of Yahweh:
The Passover and the Feast of Unleavened Bread
The Feast of Firstfruits
The Feast of Weeks
The Feast of Trumpets
The Day of Atonement
The Feast of Tabernacles and the Last Great Day
And Moses declared the appointed feasts of YAHWEH to the sons of Israel. (Leviticus 23:44) HRB
Here are some scriptures regarding the feast days in the New Testament: Luke 22:13-15, 1 Cor 5:6-8, 1 Cor 16:8, Acts 27:9, John 7:37-39, Col 2:16-17.
Blessed are the ones doing His commandments, that their authority will be over the Tree of Life, and that they may enter by the gates into the city. But the ones not there are the dogs and the sorcerers, and the fornicators, and the murderers, and the idolaters, and everyone loving a lie, and doing falsehood. (Revelation 22:14-15)