Is it possible to count them all?
Have you ever realized that there are numerous miracles performed in the bible?
Are you even aware of what a miracle is? The Merriam-Webster dictionary defines a miracle as: “An extraordinary event manifesting divine intervention in human affairs.”
Webster’s 1913 dictionary on e-Sword definition is: “An event or effect contrary to the established constitution and course of things, or a deviation from the known laws of nature; a supernatural event, or one transcending the ordinary laws by which the universe is governed.”
I like to think of a miracle as “Our Heavenly Father in His love and in His mercy interfering with the laws of nature that He created, to benefit the life of someone either physically or spiritually.”
It is so awesome how our Father Yahweh, His son Yahshua, and many others, who came in His authority, performed amazing miracles in the stories of the bible. How many times have we read right past a miracle without realizing the significant impact it had on the life of the one involved, and the faith that person must have had?
As you read through these passages please put yourself in the story. What if you were the man in Luke 6:6-10 with a withered right hand and Yahshua spoke the words “Stretch out your hand!” and it was restored as whole?
Imagine if you were in the boat with the disciples and seen the Messiah walk on water and Peter coming to Him, as is told in Matthew 14:22-33. Wouldn’t it be incredible to be with Joshua and witness the walls of Jericho crumbling with just a shout by the Israelites and a trumpet blast by the priests? (Joshua 6:1-27).
Miracles are possible, miracles do happen, and miracles are an unbelievable gift from above.
Here is a list of some miracles I have found in the bible. All you have to do is get your scriptures, open it up, and let the stories come alive as you read them.
John 6:14 Then seeing what miraculous sign Yahshua did, the men said, This is truly the Prophet, the One coming into the world.
The Old Testament
• Genesis 1:1-31 The miracle of creation in 7 days.
• Genesis 2:21-25 Eve is formed from Adams’ rib.
• Genesis 7:1-24 Noah’s ark and the flood.
• Genesis 9:8-17 The rainbow is a sign of the covenant between Yahweh and the earth.
• Genesis 18:9-14 & Genesis 21:1-7 Yahweh’s promise to Abraham that Sarah would bear a son in her old age.
• Genesis 19:9-11 Yahweh struck the men of Sodom with blindness and they struggled to find Lot’s door.
• Genesis 19:15-30 The destruction of Sodom and Gomorrah.
• Genesis 19:23-26 Lot’s wife became a pillar of salt.
• Genesis 22:9-18 The Messenger of Yahweh calls to Abraham twice from the heavens.
• Genesis 28:10-22 Jacob’s dream in Bethel. Yahweh appears to him and explains the covenant.
• Joshua 3:7-17 The waters of the Jordan stood still for the nation of Israel to cross.
• Joshua 6:1-27 The walls of Jericho fall from a shout and a trumpet blast.
• Joshua 10:1-15 The sun stood still in the midst of the heaven about a whole day.
• Judges 6:11-27 The Messenger of Yahweh disappears after speaking with Gideon.
• Judges 13:1-25 The Messenger of Yahweh tells of Samson and goes up in the flame of the altar.
• Judges 15:14-19 Elohim breaks open the hollow place in Lehi and brought forth water for Samson.
• 1 Samuel 17:1-58 David kills the giant Goliath with a stone.
• 1 Kings 17:8-16 The widow of Zarephath and miracle of the meal and oil.
• 1 Kings 17:17-24 Elijah raises the widow’s son.
• 1 Kings 18:17-39 Elijah defeats the prophets of Baal at Mt. Carmel.
• 1 Kings 19:1-8 The Messenger of Yahweh gives food to Elijah and he then went without food for the next 40 days.
• 1 Kings 19:9-18 The voice of Yahweh was spoken to Elijah in a whisper.
• 2 Kings 2:1-8 Elijah struck the Jordan River to divide it for him and Elisha to pass on dry ground.
• 2 Kings 2:9-11 Elijah goes up in a whirlwind to the skies.
• 2 Kings 2:12-14 Elijah struck the Jordan River and parts it in two.
• 2 Kings 2:15-22 According to the word of Elisha, Yahweh heals the waters of Jericho with salt, no more death or barrenness.
• 2 Kings 3:9-20 Yahweh brings water by the way of Edom without wind or rain for the Kings of Israel, Judah, and Edom.
• 2 Kings 3:21-24 The Moabites see water as blood.
• 2 Kings 4:1-7 A widow women’s small pot of oil fills many vessels, enabling her to sell the oil to pay a loan and also money to live on.
• 2 Kings 4:8-37 Elisha brings the Shunammite woman’s son back to life.
• 2 Kings 4:42-44 Twenty loaves of barley bread and ripe ears of grain in a sack fed 100 men with some leftover, according to the word of Yahweh.
• 2 Kings 5:1-27 Naaman is cleansed of his leprosy, but because of his servant Gehazi’s greed, leprosy clings to him and his seed forever.
• 2 Kings 6:1-7 An ax head floats in the Jordan River.
• 2 Kings 6:8-20 Elisha’s men see the mountains full of horses and chariots of fire. Yahweh strikes Syria with blindness and then opened their eyes.
• 2 Kings 7:1-8 Yahweh stops the famine by giving Israel all of Syria’s camp.
• 2 Kings 13:20-21 A dead man becomes alive and rose on his feet after touching the dead bones of Elisha.
• 2 Kings 19:32-36 The Messenger of Yahweh struck 185,000 in the camp of Assyria.
• 2 Kings 20:1-11 Yahweh brought the shadow on the sundial of Ahaz backward 10 degrees as a sign that He would heal Hezekiah’s illness.
• 2 Kings 20:1-7 Hezekiah had a sickness to death and Yahweh healed him with a cake of figs.
• Jonah 1:11-15 When the sailors threw Jonah into the sea, it stood still from its raging.
• Jonah 1:17 & Jonah 2:1-10 The great fish swallows Jonah and he was in the belly of the fish 3 days and 3 nights before the fish vomited him out onto dry land.
• Daniel 2:1-47 Yahweh reveals King Nebuchadnezzar’s dream to Daniel, and Daniel reveals the dream and its meaning without even hearing the dream.
• Daniel 3:1-30 Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego are thrown into the fiery furnace and do not burn.
• Daniel 5:1-31 Fingers of a man’s hand wrote on the wall of the King’s palace.
• Daniel 6:1-27 Yahweh saves Daniel in the den of lions.
The New Testament
• Matthew 1:18-25 The virgin Mariam conceives by the Holy Spirit.
• Matthew 2:1-10 The star of Bethlehem is seen by the magi and they follow it to worship The King of the Jews.
• Matthew 2:13-15 A cherub of Yahweh appears to Joseph and informs him to flee to Egypt.
• Matthew 2:19-23 A cherub of Yahweh appears to Joseph and informs him to return to Israel.
• Matthew 3:13-17 Yahshua is baptized and the heavens open and the Holy Spirit comes upon Him. Yahweh speaks from Heaven.
• Matthew 4:1-2 Yahshua fasted for 40 days and 40 nights.
• Matthew 8:1-3 Yahshua heals a leper.
• Matthew 8:5-13 Yahshua heals the centurion’s paralyzed child in Capernaum by only speaking a word.
• Matthew 8:14-15 Yahshua heals Peter’s mother-in-law of a burning fever.
• Matthew 8:23-27 Yahshua rebukes the wind and the sea and saves His disciples and their boat.
• Matthew 8:28-34 Yahshua cast demons out of two men in Gadarene and sent the demons into a herd of pigs.
• Matthew 9:1-8 Yahshua heals a paralytic.
• Matthew 9:18-19 & Matthew 9:23-26 Yahshua raises a ruler’s daughter from the dead.
• Matthew 9:20-22 A woman who had a flow of blood 12 years, touches Yahshua’s garment and is healed.
• Matthew 9:27-31 Yahshua gives sight to two blind men.
• Matthew 9:32-33 Yahshua cast out a demon from a possessed dumb man and the dumb one spoke.
• Matthew 12:9-13 Yahshua heals a man with a withered hand on the Sabbath.
• Matthew 12:22-23 Yahshua heals the one demon possessed that was blind and dumb.
• Matthew 14:14-21 Yahshua feeds over 5000 people from five loaves and two fish.
• Matthew 14:22-33 Yahshua walks on the sea and Peter walks on the water to Yahshua.
• Matthew 15:22-28 Yahshua heals the badly demon-possessed daughter of a woman of Canaan.
• Matthew 15:29-39 Yahshua fed over 4000 with seven loaves and a few small fish.
• Matthew 17:1-9 The Transfiguration.
• Matthew 17:14-21 Yahshua cast out a demon from a man that His disciples were unable to.
• Matthew 17:24-27 Yahshua provides for his and Peter’s tax to be paid from the coin in the mouth of a fish caught.
• Matthew 20:29-34 Yahshua healed two blind men as He left Jericho.
• Matthew 21:17-22 Yahshua dries up the fig tree in Bethany.
• Matthew 27:37-46 There is darkness over all the land for three hours before Yahshua is crucified.
• Matthew 27:50-51 At Yahshua’s death, the veil of the sanctuary was torn in two.
• Matthew 27:50-54 After Yahshua’s resurrection, tombs were opened and many bodies of the saints who had fallen asleep were raised.
• Matthew 28:1-7 A cherub from Heaven descends and rolls away the large boulder from the cave and speaks to the two Mariam’s.
• Matthew 28:8-20 The two Mariam’s and Yahshua’s disciples see Him resurrected after three days in the grave.
• Mark 1:9-11 Yahshua is baptized and the heavens are torn and the Spirit came upon Him as a dove, and Yahweh speaks from the heavens.
• Mark 1:21-27 Yahshua cast out an unclean spirit from a man in Capernaum.
• Mark 1:29-31 Yahshua heals Peter’s mother-in-law, who was ill with a fever.
• Mark 1:40-45 Yahshua heals a man of leprosy and made him clean.
• Mark 2:1-12 Yahshua heals a paralytic in Capernaum.
• Mark 3:1-5 Yahshua heals a man with a withered hand in the synagogue.
• Mark 4:35-41 During a great windstorm, Yahshua rebuked the wind and silenced the sea to a great calm.
• Mark 5:1-20 Yahshua cast out a legion of demons from a man and they entered into a herd of pigs.
• Mark 5:21-24 & Mark 5:35-43 Jarius’s 12-year-old daughter dies and Yahshua raises her up.
• Mark 5:24-34 A woman with a flow of blood for 12 years touches Yahshua’s garment and is cured.
• Mark 6:32-44 Yahshua feeds about 5000 with five loaves and two fish.
• Mark 6:45-51 Yahshua walks on water.
• Mark 7:24-30 Yahshua cast a demon from the daughter of a woman from Phoenicia.
• Mark 7:31-37 Yahshua heals a deaf man who could hardly speak.
• Mark 8:1-9 Yahshua feeds about 4000 with seven loaves and a few fish.
• Mark 8:22-26 Yahshua heals a blind man outside the village of Bethsaida.
• Mark 9:1-9 The Transfiguration.
• Mark 9:17-29 Yahshua cast out a dumb and deaf spirit from a man.
• Mark 10:46-52 Yahshua heals Bartimaeus the blind beggar outside of Jericho.
• Mark 11:12-14 & Mark 11:19-22 Yahshua cursed the fig tree and it withered.
• Mark 15:25-33 Three hours of darkness at Yahshua’s crucifixion.
• Mark 15:37-38 At Yahshua’s death, the veil of the Holy Place was torn in two from top to bottom.
• Mark 16:9-14 Yahshua is seen by many after His resurrection.
• Mark 16:19 Yahshua is taken up into heaven.
• Luke 1:5-17 Gabriel is sent to Zacharias to announce the birth of his son John.
• Luke 1:18-25 & Luke 1:57-66 Zacharias is unable to speak until his son John is born due to his unbelief of the message Gabriel brought him.
• Luke 1:26-38 Gabriel is sent to the Virgin Mariam in Nazareth to inform her that she will bear the Son of Yahweh.
• Luke 2:1-20 A cherub of Yahweh appears to shepherds in the field and announces the birth of Yahshua.
• Luke 3:21-22 The Holy Spirit descends on Yahshua at baptism and Yahweh speaks from Heaven.
• Luke 4:1-2 Yahshua fasted 40 days in the desert.
• Luke 4:31-37 Yahshua cast out a demon from a man in the synagogue in Capernaum.
• Luke 4:38-39 Yahshua rebukes the great fever of Peter’s mother-in-law and she is healed.
• Luke 5:12-14 Yahshua heals the leper.
• Luke 5:17-26 Yahshua heals the paralyzed man.
• Luke 6:6-10 Yahshua heals the man with a withered hand on the Sabbath.
• Luke 7:1-10 Yahshua heals the badly ill servant of a centurion in Capernaum.
• Luke 7:11-16 Yahshua raises the dead man of a widow woman in the city of Nain.
• Luke 8:22-25 Yahshua rebukes a windstorm and the roughness of the water and saves his disciples on the lake.
• Luke 8:26-39 Yahshua cast out a legion of demons from a man to a herd of pigs.
• Luke 8:41-42 & Luke 8:49-56 Yahshua raises the dead daughter of Jairus, a synagogue ruler.
• Luke 8:43-48 A woman with a flow of blood for 12 years touches Yahshua’s garment and is healed.
• Luke 9:10-17 Yahshua feeds about 5000 with five loaves and two fish.
• Luke 9:26-36 The Transfiguration.
• Luke 9:37-43 Yahshua casts a demon out of a man that His disciples were unable to.
• Luke 11:14 Yahshua casts out a mute demon.
• Luke 13:10-17 Yahshua calls the woman that was bent over 18 years and He heals her infirmity.
• Luke 14:1-6 Yahshua heals a man of dropsy on the Sabbath.
• Luke 17:11-19 Ten leprous men are cleansed by Yahshua on their way to the priest.
• Luke 18:35-43 Yahshua restores sight to the blind beggar by Jericho.
• Luke 22:39-46 While praying Yahshua’s sweat became as drops of blood.
• Luke 22:47-51 A disciple cuts off the right ear of the slave of the high priest and touching his ear Yahshua heals him.
• Luke 23:32-46 Three hours of darkness at the crucifixion and the veil of the sanctuary is torn in two.
• Luke 24:1-8 Yahshua is raised from the dead after three days in the grave.
• Luke 24:13-32 After His resurrection, Yahshua walks on the road to Emmaus with two men and later becomes invisible to them.
• Luke 24:33-53 Yahshua appears to His disciples and others in Jerusalem and then ascends up into heaven.
• John 2:1-11 Water is changed into wine at Cana.
• John 4:46-54 Yahshua heals the fever of the son of a King’s servant.
• John 5:1-4 Many are healed at the pool of five porches in Bethesda after a cherub stirs the water.
• John 5:1-14 A man being in infirmity 38 years is healed by Yahshua in Bethesda.
• John 6:1-14 About 5000 are fed with only five barley loaves and two fish.
• John 6:15-21 Yahshua walks on water.
• John 9:1-41 A man born blind is healed and sees for the first time.
• John 11:1-47 Lazarus is raised from the dead.
• John 12:20-30 A voice is heard out of heaven.
• John 20:1-13 Mariam speaks with two cherubs at the tomb of Yahshua.
• John 20:14-18 Yahshua appears to Mariam after His death.
• John 20:19-23 Yahshua appears to the disciples and breathes the Holy Spirit upon them.
• John 20:24-31 Yahshua appears again to the disciples for the sake of Thomas, who did not believe.
• John 21:1-25 Yahshua reveals Himself a third time to his disciples after being raised from the dead.
As our study progresses, so will our list! You can send us any miracles you find too!